1 of 1 people found this helpful
I'm afraid that most folks who want to help you want to say "FM7 isn't supported; get 14 or 15."
From my perspective, it's difficult to give you advice because I don't remember the details of using FM7, and what its exact capabilities were.
In an attempt to provide any help at all, I'll suggest making your layout parts larger and making sure that none of the objects within the parts are touching the part boundaries. Putting a container in the Body part shouldn't be a problem.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Hello, Jeffrey. Welcome to the forum.
1. On the invoice I need the lines to increase from 4 to 8 and hold two lines of type. I have gotten two lines to work when I "view invoice" but have to manually type in the second line. I've tried increasing the height in the invoice but that doesn't seem to resolve the problem.
You will need to do two things. Increase the number of rows in the portal from 4 to 8. And then increase the height of both the portal row and the fields in the portal to allow two lines of text to appear. (You'll obviously need to increase the size of the layout as well.)
2. I need to Have a checkbox next to "tax" at the bottom and rid the body of the "taxable" check boxes.
I'm not sure what this means. You can certainly add a corresponding field to the Invoices table, but what is it you want to do with it that you're having trouble with?
3. If I could get a container to hold an image in the body that took the image from the "product" that would be great.
In the body of what? The body of the line item? It's easy enough to add a related field to a layout, but I don't understand what you want here.
If you'll give us some more detail, we'll see what we can do to help.
P. S. And yes, you really should upgrade.
Thank you so much for reply, it is greatly appreciated. I know an upgrade is needed, but my needs are simple and what I did have worked well, it's just that something happened to the tax field that I had trouble with and then I upgraded to FM7 then it got put aside until now.
Thank you so much. I did add more portals and changed the dimensions but that didn't work and I have no idea why.
I am attaching my old invoice that I did from scratch many years ago. It was working great then all of the sudden it started adding tax without having the check box (CA) checked and I could not resolve the issue.
1. In my old invoice I have 8 rows that will hold the necessary information as well as enough space for a small image. Aside from it adding the tax automatically it worked great. I tried to replicate the settings for the first file I posted (FM7) but for some reason it will not work, I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing. I have increased the layout as you suggested as well as the size of each portal, the number from 4-8 but it still will not work.
2. In my old file there is check box "CA" that would only calculate and add tax if it were checked. Now it has decided to do it automatically. I can't figure out how to remedy this. I would like in the new file to eliminate the check boxes in each row "taxable" and have a check box at the bottom as in my old file.
3. This I can figure out if I can get issue #1 resolved.
Extremely appreciative, and yes, as with David, you are both right and I will need to upgrade.
JFInvoices_Old.fp7.zip 137.8 K
I'm still missing the problem. I modified the portal to show 8 rows with 2 lines each, but the invoice print layout already has the capability. What exactly is wrong with it?
I added a "Taxable" checkbox to the Invoices table. It will show the tax for any line item checked taxable.
JF_Invoices_Modified.fp7.zip 5.4 MB
Yes I guess I did get the print out working just fine. Is it possible to eliminate the "Taxable" field in all line items without disrupting the calculation at the bottom?
You are making my day!
To be clear: Our invoicing would be either wholesale or retail. If wholesale there would be no items taxable. If it were retail, all items would be taxed ergo no need to check off anything.
Yeah, sure. Just replace Line Items::Taxable Amount with Line Items::Extended Price when you calculate the sales tax.