10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 12:53 AM by bigtom

OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console

bigtom

How are you guys managing JRE 7 for the v12 server admin console on newer OS running JRE 8 required for FMS 13v10 and up?

I sure hope it is not a full remove and install each time I need to access FMS 12.

• 1. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
          bigtom

I installed backward JRE support for OS X and also realized Chrome was not an approved browser for v12. Everything goes well but the Adin console will not display. It is just an empty screen.

• 2. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
            bigtom

After a long wait I finally get a bunch of Java exceptions.

• 3. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
              bigtom

I am still having trouble with this. I have a local machine with JRE 7u75 and FMS12 installed. It launches the admin console locally without issue.

It will not launch the remote FMS12 admin console. It stops in the middle of initiating. Could this be a problem with the remote server? If so, what? The port is open and I can see the start page, begin the Start Admin Console, but fails to complete the launch.

• 4. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                bigtom

Just to add the remote FMS is 12.05 on OS X 10.7.

• 5. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                  user19752

I can access FMS12.04 on OSX 10.8.5 with JRE 7u17 using latest set of Win7/JRE8u101/Firefox, so your problem might not be JRE version.

I set "security exception list" in Java controlpanel, and get alert on connection that "certification expired" but can connect.

How about trying other browser, or download .jnlp file from the URL

http://server:16000/admin_console_webstart.jnlp

then launch it direct without browser.

• 6. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                    RickWhitelaw

Perhaps a red herring but could it be an issue involving accessing FMS 12 from a machine running El Capitan? The server OS and FM version aren't likely the problem as they are compatible on the server machine. This makes me suspect it might be some kind of compatibility issue between the server machine and the remote client machine. Has it ever worked? If so, did it suddenly stop working after the Java update?

• 7. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                      bigtom

user19752 wrote:

I can access FMS12.04 on OSX 10.8.5 with JRE 7u17 using latest set of Win7/JRE8u101/Firefox, so your problem might not be JRE version.

I set "security exception list" in Java controlpanel, and get alert on connection that "certification expired" but can connect.

How about trying other browser, or download .jnlp file from the URL

http://server:16000/admin_console_webstart.jnlp

then launch it direct without browser.

Looks like my previous reply by email did not make it here.

I set the security exception. The browser part is working. I am able to get the jnlp file. It starts to launch but it is really slow. Nothing happens for almost 15 minutes and then I get the JRE launch window that stalls part way through.

The remote server has a slow connection but If I can connect to the actual file I should be able to connect to the admin console. Maybe it is an OS X issue with 10.11 for me and 10.7 on the FMS. I do not have another FMS12 to connect to and test.

I do not need admin credentials, but if anyone has an IP or domain that I can test for just the jnlp file launching to ask for credentials that may help narrow down the cause.

Will I see anything on the FMS side in a log maybe?

• 8. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                        bigtom

RickWhitelaw wrote:

Perhaps a red herring but could it be an issue involving accessing FMS 12 from a machine running El Capitan? The server OS and FM version aren't likely the problem as they are compatible on the server machine. This makes me suspect it might be some kind of compatibility issue between the server machine and the remote client machine. Has it ever worked? If so, did it suddenly stop working after the Java update?

New client, new issue. This the first time they have had anyone connect remotely.

• 9. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                          bigtom

Launch file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jnlp codebase="http://:16000" href="admin_console_webstart.jnlp" spec="1.5">

<information>

<vendor>FileMaker, Inc.</vendor>

<description>FileMaker Server Admin Console</description>

<description kind="short">FileMaker Server Admin Console</description>

<icon href="/images/server_icon.icns"/>

<icon height="32" href="/images/server_icon.icns" kind="shortcut" width="32"/>

<icon href="/images/server_splash.jpg" kind="splash"/>

<title>Filemaker Server</title>

<shortcut>

<desktop/>

<menu submenu="FileMaker Server"/>

</shortcut>

</information>

<resources>

<j2se initial-heap-size="32m" max-heap-size="128m" version="1.6+"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/admin-console-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/valuefield-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/linksupport-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/datechooser-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/ulc-jnlp-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/ulc-base-trusted.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/ulc-base-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/ulc-servlet-client.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/jgraph.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/jfreechart.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/jcommon.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/deployment.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/AppleJavaExtensions.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/http.jar"/>

<property name="apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar" value="true"/>

<property name="com.apple.macos.smallTabs" value="true"/>

<property name="com.filemaker.adminconsole.ui.clients.showError" value="log"/>

</resources>

<resources os="Mac OS">

<nativelib href="admin-client-lib/libquaqua64.jnilib.jar"/>

<jar href="admin-client-lib/quaqua-filechooser-only.jar"/>

</resources>

<security>

<all-permissions/>

</security>

<application-desc main-class="com.filemaker.adminconsole.ui.clients.AdminConsoleJnlpLauncher">

<argument>keep-alive-interval=60</argument>

<argument>log-level=WARNING</argument>

<argument>carrier-stream-provider=com.ulcjava.base.shared.TrivialCarrierStreamProvider</argument>

<argument>client-coder-registry-provider=com.filemaker.ulc.client.ClientCoderRegistryProvider</argument>

<argument>url-string=https://:16001/adminconsole.ulc</argument>

<argument>launchtype=normal</argument>

<argument>server-language=en</argument>

<argument>server-timezone=Europe</argument>

</application-desc>

</jnlp>

• 10. Re: OSX 10.11 and FMS12 admin console
                            bigtom

The actual Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.filemaker.adminconsole.ui.clients.AdminConsoleJnlpLauncher$AdminConsoleStateListener.sessionError(AdminConsoleJnlpLauncher.java:286)

at com.ulcjava.base.client.UISession.a(UISession.java:32)

at com.ulcjava.base.client.UISession.access$700(UISession.java:85)

at com.ulcjava.base.client.UISession$0.run(UISession$0.java:13)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)

at com.ulcjava.base.client.FilteringEventQueue.dispatchEvent(FilteringEventQueue.java:18)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)