10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 12:34 PM by MichaelViola

FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC

MichaelViola

My FMPA15 will not connect to either of our servers from my MAC.

I am running 10.11.6 and it is a managed account.

It runs fine for everyone using a PC.

Please help!

• 1. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
          TSGal

MichaelViola:

Thank you for your post.

When you go to Open Remote, do you see any servers on the network?  Or, if you are able to see a server, do any files display?

If you open a local file and turn on Network Sharing, are other FileMaker Pro users able to see your file?

If you create a new Mac user account, login to the new user account and launch FileMaker Pro, are you able to see servers/files over the network?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
            MichaelViola

I should add that the dialogue box just sits there spinning and saying waiting for response.

Best Regards,

Mike Viola

• 3. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
              MichaelViola

Hello,

I do not see any servers and no files come up when I click on the 2 servers that I added as favorites.

I cannot create a new user account since these are domain accounts.

Best Regards,

Mike Viola

• 4. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                TSGal

MichaelViola:

When you click on the other two servers, do you also get a spinning beach ball?  Or, does it just not show any files?

Open a local file in FileMaker Pro, pull down the File menu and select Sharing -> Share with FileMaker Clients..., turn on Network Sharing, and set the Network access to file for All users.  Are other FileMaker Pro users able to connect to your file?

Does the Mac have any firewall enabled?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                  MichaelViola

Hi sorry for the delay.

I only get a spinning colored beach ball when I click on the permitted hosts tab in preferences and it locks up the application.  I have to force quit.  When I click on Open remote from the file menu and click on the server address. I get the spinning gear like the picture I pasted above.

Thank you for the sharing instructions.  Yes I can see my MAC laptop client sharing the file and connect to it.

No - my MAC does not have firewall enabled.

I have FMP14 and it works fins and connects to both servers.

I deleted the com.filemaker file in library preferences and also the application folder itself as well as the 15.0 folder in the (option) library Application Support FMP folder; emptied trash; restarted the computer and reloaded a fresh download of FMPA15:  FM14 connects to both servers fine but same result and symptoms with the FMPA15 client.

• 6. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                    TSGal

MichaelViola:

One of our other Support Technicians informed me this is a known issue.  This issue seems to occur with domain account after hitting "Always Approve" using the built-in FileMaker certificate on the server.  This issue does not occur with FileMaker Pro 14, nor does it occur with FileMaker Pro 15 with a local account.  This is also a Mac only issue.

I have attached this forum thread to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will let you know.

Until this is addressed, using FileMaker Pro 14 is the preferred workaround.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                      MichaelViola

Hi TSGal

Yes I am aware of everything you stated.

There are many other users using FMPA15 on a Mac with our server and having no trouble. I am the FM developer at our facility and need the functionality of FMPA15. Why is my mac the only one having this problem?  Your FMPA14 suggestion is not acceptable. Please escalate this issue.

Mike

• 8. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                        TSGal

MichaelViola:

You asked:

> Why is my mac the only one having this problem?

The User UID generated by Active Directory that is used for encryption is a very large value, and that leads to the hang.

If FileMaker Pro 14 "is not acceptable", then you will need to wait until more information becomes available.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                          TSGal

MichaelViola:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 15.0.2.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: FMPA15 will not connect to server on MAC
                            MichaelViola

Thank you.  It now works!!!