bigtom

Script Workspace Filter Issues.

Discussion created by bigtom on Aug 17, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 by TSGal

Product and version : FMPA 15.0.1, FMPA 14

OS and version : OS X 10.11.6

Hardware : iMac 27 Late 2012

Description : Cannot drag and drop, add separator, or add folder while the script workspace is filtered

How to replicate : Filter scripts with a term that will have multiple results and then try to drag/drop to reorder, add a folder or separator. Drag/drop does nothing. Using buttons to add a folder or separator clears the filter and shows all scripts and adds the folder or separator to the workspace relative to the location that was selected when the filter was active.

Workaround : None

I expected this to work in a situation where I needed to clean up scripts into folders after filtering by script prefix. For example I have a scripts that are all prefixed with FTP, DEV or other term, and I need those all in one folder. It makes sense that I should be able to filter by the term and then create a folder while filtered with the term included in the name and then drop all the scripts into that folder right there from the filtered workspace.

I suppose the argument is where does the new folder end up or where do you actually put a script in the full order once it is reordered in the filtered list. I would say new folders go to the bottom and the reorders sort directly under the first script in the list. I truly expected this to work so I think it is an issue.

Outcomes