1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2016 11:24 AM by TSGal

One particular file is very slow to open in 15

fitch

I have one file that takes 20-30 seconds to open with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15 on my Windows 7 PC.

In FMPA 14 on the same computer, it opens instantly. Also, my co-worker opens it in FMPA 15 on his PC instantly.

Our FileMaker Server 14 hosts dozens of files, some big, some small. This is our Dev server, with few users. Other files of equal or greater complexity and size open instantly for me. So the issue seems to be isolated to my machine, and just this one file.

This file is not that large -- about 60k records, but very few fields or tables, blank startup layout, no startup script, no file references, no external auth.

Doesn't matter if I open it with a full access account or not. And the password dialog comes up instantly, so the delay happens after that.

I've tried deleting temp files, clearing permitted hosts, creating a new user account, disabling all plugins, resetting cache size... any other suggestions?

• 1. Re: One particular file is very slow to open in 15
          TSGal

fitch:

Thank you for your post.

First, create a clone of the file (copy with no records).  Then, open the clone file.  This will let me know if the data is the issue.

When you say "creating a new user account", is this a Windows user account or FileMaker user account.  If the latter, create a new Windows user account on the  machine, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro, and see if the file opens in a timely manner.  If so, then there is something in the original user account causing the issue.  If the file still takes a long time to open, then I would uninstall FileMaker Pro 15, remove the FileMaker Pro 15 folder, and then reinstall FileMaker Pro 15, as this would write all new files.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.