AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker server - licenses, setup and options.

Question asked by Stigge on Aug 19, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 by dtcgnet

Hi all.

We own 1 server license for FM 15. and 20 client licenses.

We are running everything on windows.

Now, we have given the option to use another hw server. that is a bit faster and more memory then our previus server.

We are having huge issues with Webdirect options.. and that is something that i want to start using for solutions to our business.

Now, i read something about deviding the server installation over 2 servers.. cant find the post i read about it, so i dont know more about it.

Is that possible ? and how does the licensing work for that ? i know that on the webdirect can only be used by up to 5 users at the same time. and thats fine, we can live with that.

I also wonder what i can do so our webdirect options work properly. i know memory is a big issue on it. and thats probebly why ours isnt working, we are having only 4 GB of RAM on it. The new one has 12 GB.

The webdirect option am after is to be able to host a website on it so i can build a FM page for the users to access and read statistics and also download excel files from my pre-invoicing.

Do anyone have any experiance in this ? on how we should set everything up for best possible preformance. ?

Thanks. =)

Outcomes