3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 7:06 PM by philmodjunk

Creating Find Request Script

arizonateacher

I am not a seasoned developer, but I have created a database to track student records. I have come across a problem.

Scenario: I have created a script to search for certain records based on information from different fields.

Each student has a MostRecentTest date field that indicates the date they most recently tested. There is also a field (TestResults) that holds a string that indicates their test results. This field is set to either "above", "meets", "borderline," or "below". I want the script to find students who have tested within a certain date range and whose TestResults field are either "borderline" or "below."

I can get the script to find the tests within a date range by having teachers enter a dates into two global fields--DateRangeMin and DateRangeMax. This is then used to search for files that match that criteria. But, I can't figure out how to also include the search parameters of either "borderline" or "below" as another factor in the search. If it were just one of those designations, it would be easy. I have exhausted the different options that I thought I could try.

Any assistance would be appreciated.