deninger

PHP, Scripts, and Full Access

Discussion created by deninger on Aug 19, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 by deninger

I have a solution I am working on that is receiving data by JSON over a PHP connection. I am trying to execute a script after the data insert. I created a script to call the necessary scripts for processing, and designed it to run on the server using Perform Script on Server. This was done for two reasons:

1. to allow the user to initiate the processing from the client as well. But when I call this script from PHP it fails to run. When I explicitly look at Get (Last Error) I am seeing 9 (Insufficient privileges to modify/access data.)
  2. prevent the URL from timing out as the script may take a few seconds to run...

The account being used to upload the data by JSON file had limited privileges, but it DID have permission to execute all scripts and perform data entry on all necessary tables. When I expanded the privileges to the default of  Data Entry Only, the script goes further but still fails many of the subroutines. Expanding the privileges to Full Access, everything works perfectly.

In a nutshell:

Limited Privs, PSOS --> fails (Error 9)

Limited Privs, PS --> URL times out and script fails completely

Data Entry Only, PSPS or PS --> parts run, but generally fails, no error or times out

Data Entry Only PS --> Works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen something like this happen? I really don't want to grant full access to the account in question.

Outcomes