AnsweredAssumed Answered

Running lists

Question asked by rzogby on Aug 20, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2016 by rzogby

I have been using Filemaker Pro Advanced for quite a while. I have version 14 and have decided to make my interactive music catalog for customers a bit more interactive. I am new to scripting and have tried to look up various scripting books or sites, but nothing that helps me. I am hoping that this thread will bring out the experts that can help me.

Here is what I want to do. I have created a self running kiosk app for customers to make a list of requests that they would liked played at an event. Currently, they can only scroll down, omit the track they want played, then choose show omitted (I created a button for all these actions), and then export to excel. If they try to search and omit, it doesn't save the one they chose.

What I want to do is have them search for the song using a find button I created, then be able to click a button that would put it on a running list. Then when finished, I want to have a button that shows them the list they created so they can export (currently they CAN do that after they see their omit lists.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to learn how to do it, not have someone do it for me. This way I can see how scripts work. I have worked with limited scripting built into FMA but can't figure out how an entry can be chosen and placed on a running list.

Thanks so much everyone.

Bob

Outcomes