2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 11:43 AM by Abingdon

Filemaker 15 crashes when re-building dependencies

Abingdon

Hi All,

Windows 8.1.

A few times a week I will take a copy of a FM14 Server hosted database (always from the backups folder) and put it on my laptop.  Just to
      do some local experimentation and testing.

When I open the copy locally for the first time using FMPA 15, Filemaker will start re-building dependencies then crash. Doing the exact operation with FM 14 is fine.  Once the dependencies have been rebuilt by opening in FM14, FM15 will then open it up with no problems.

It’s a reasonably large database – 40 files but it's all data, no images. I’ve never had this problem in FM14.

It’s not a massive problem I guess, but I’m curious as to know why.

Windows error log attached in case it helps.

• 1. Re: Filemaker 15 crashes when re-building dependencies
          mikebeargie

I actually recall fighting this one before:

Exception code: 0xc0000005

It was a long time ago, but it was either caused by bad registry entries or bad RAM. Not even FileMaker related, but some IT task I was doing.

I am assuming that you have both FMPA 14 and 15 installed on the same machine? That may be a redundant cause of the issue.

Do you have an alternate PC that you can install FMPA 15 on cleanly and test it there?

• 2. Re: Filemaker 15 crashes when re-building dependencies
            Abingdon

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for your advice.  I do have 14 and 15 installed on the same machine.  15 always launches first of course when opening the downloaded dbs!

I can get access to one where I can do a 15 install only, tho it may take a few days. Will try it and see what happens.

Please forgive any subsequent delay in reply therefore and bearing with me.

Thanks again.