12 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 3:15 AM by dermot

Rounding  in Filemaker

dermot

Hi Folks,

I have a rounding issue which is probably very easy to solve if you know the correct function, which unfortunately I dont !!

We have a quoting database ... The system allows discounts so if something is £10.25 at list and they get 66% discount then the unit price after discount would actually be £3.485 but its rounded up to £3.49 and displays as per below....

e.g.   Product Code     Unit Price     Discount     Unit Price after discount     Qty     Line Price (after discount)

Product A          10.15               66%          3.49                                   1          3.49              

Product A          10.15               66%          3.49                                   2          6.97              

As you can see the second option when we have a Qty of 2, show the line price not equal to "2 x unit price after discount" ...

I guess the rounding would need to be applied to the “Unit Price after discount” and the system would need to show this as £3.49 and if the qty is 2 then the line price needs to show £6.98 and not £6.97.

All advice will be very welcome and much appreciated folks

Many Thanks in advance

Regs

Dermot