2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 9:38 PM by davidbarwick

FM Starting Point and GPS Coordinates

vincedubeau

I'm working with a client adapting FMSP version 4 (they use FM 13). The map always shows the same area of California no matter what the address is. The same thing happens with the latest version of FMSP and FM 15. When I run through the debugger to get the actual coordinates and plug them into Google on the web the are plotted correctly. Is there something I'm missing in the setup for this to work properly?

Thanks

• 1. Re: FM Starting Point and GPS Coordinates
          David Moyer

vincedubeau wrote:

When I run through the debugger to get the actual coordinates and plug them into Google on the web the are plotted correctly.

Hi,

is it possible that Google changed the format of the mapping tool query string you're calling within your script?  Get a copy of the complete URL you call in your script* (as opposed to the coordinates), and try to paste that into your browser.

*-set the script step to show dialog

• 2. Re: FM Starting Point and GPS Coordinates
            davidbarwick

In the Web Viewer Setup, you can set the Custom Web Address to use Latitude and Longitude by entering a Web Address like this:

"http://maps.google.com/maps?" & "q=" & "" &

T05_CONTACTS::Contact_Lat & "," &

T05_CONTACTS::Contact_Lng &

"13"

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 11.27.14 PM.png

Or, you can use the address fields. For example, if you choose to use Google Maps (US), then your Web Address would be:

"http://local.google.com/maps?" & "q=" & /*Address=*/ T05_CONTACTS::Primary_Street1 & "," & /*City=*/ T05_CONTACTS::Primary_City & "," & /*State=*/ T05_CONTACTS::Primary_State_Prov1 & "," & /*Zip Code=*/ T05_CONTACTS::Primary_Postal_Code1 & "," & /*Country=*/ T05_CONTACTS::Primary_Country

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 11.06.01 PM.png