3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 11:55 PM by TimAnderson

new portal record scrollbar issue

jayGamel

Sometime recently, FMPA 11 decided not to make new portal records as it has for years, but to write over the last record instead. These are job records used for billing, so this is critical. My script is simple: go to named object (portal), select last record, set fields (three). While the portal field is set for scroll bars, the bars have disappeared. In layout, inspector's data tab is completely grayed out, although the other two tabs are fine. I can make NO data changes in the Inspector.

Curiously, when I duplicated the layout and replaced the portal field with a new one, the scroll bars show up and the inspector works in layout mode. However, when I switch to Browse mode, I just can NOT select that duplicated layout under any circumstances????? This is entirely new behavior for me. Probably something dumb I've missed, but I don't see it after a couple of weeks of trying everything I can think of and looking around. Doing these things by hand is a real PITB. Not to mention I erased a month's worth of new entries before I discovered the problem when there was nothing to invoice for August.

Any help appreciated.

Mac osx 10.11.6, networked,