Try putting the pilcrows inside quotation marks: "¶" instead of just ¶
If you look at the help topic for tab-seperated exports:
you will see:
FileMaker Pro exports plain text. (The exported file does not include font and style information.) The tab character separates fields, the carriage return character separates records. Most applications can use this file format.
Tabs in fields are converted to spaces.
Carriage return characters in a field export as vertical tab characters.
Values in repeating fields are separated by the group separator character.
When you have a return-in-field and export, you will get the CR (dec 13, hex 0D) become VT (dec 11, hex 08).
See my article for some discussion on FM exports:
beverly i went through the article. Sorry to say that i am not able to find the solution for this problem.
Thank You very much for your response!
I am a beginner in filemaker so it would be a great help if you could suggest me about how to change the CR for the result i needed.
do you have a way to convert the VT back to CR when the text gets where it needs?
I presented several work-arounds in the article.
another suggestion is to "export" with plug-in to preserve your characters 'as-is'
convert back means any place the VT (dec 11) occurs in your text, change to CR (dec 13). But your application reading the text must be able to find/replace. My methods were to give you the text 'as is' without post export conversion or plug-in.
there are several plug-ins, search for 'exporttextfilemaker+plugin' in your favorite search engine.
I think that you need a separate record for each "paragraph". That is, every time you want a genuine "hard return", you need to export an additional record. This is true for .tab files.
I was able to find the solution for the mentioned problem i faced in adding new line character in the data which i want to export.
Earlier i had the records started only with VerseNumber="01". Now i added a separate record where ever i needed a new line character and then made changes to the calculation like this:
Case (VerseNumber = "000" ; "\id" & " " & BookId ;
VerseNumber = "00" ; "\c" & " " & Chapter ;
"\v" & " " & VerseNumber & " " & VerseData_S1 )
Below is the sample file attached with my expected export result.
test.tab.zip 818 bytes