4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 7:03 AM by beverly

Portal Row Information

bruns

I have an employee database were I record the employees trips on vessels.  I have a portal (Vessel Assignments).  I need to click on a button inside the portal that will take me to a different layout and fill out this form I have designed with the info from the portal.  I have it working from the point of going to the layout and filling out the form, however it fills out a form for all portal records for that employee.  How can I make it just fill out the portal row I click in?  Any help is appreciated or ideas to make it better.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Portal Row Information
          Johan Hedman

You need to create a layout based on the related table for your portal. Then you create a button in your portal with Go to related records and choose your new layout

• 2. Re: Portal Row Information
            beverly

this might be a case where you push the UNIQUE id field of the portal record and have a relationship from that to the new layout. The data can then be pulled based on just that record and the relationship.

beverly

• 3. Re: Portal Row Information
              bruns

Any idea what a script might look like, I assume a set field with vessel assignment PK-ID?

• 4. Re: Portal Row Information
                beverly

I don't know what your relationships are based upon. Clicking a portal row will allow you to get any field's data for that related record. Since each table should have  UniqueID (serial or UUID), then you should get that. Then set it into a global field on the other layout. A relationship between the global and any field that would be the foreign key in the new layout/table. This relationship allows getting the data needed from that relationship.

beverly