3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 11:57 AM by TSGal

Copying & pasting formatting issues

chefhart

On my filemaker often my staff and I will copy and paste data

Is there a way to have the copied data re-format to the default settings on my filemaker ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Copying & pasting formatting issues
          TSGal

chefhart:

Thank you for your post.

Under Windows, use Ctrl-Shift-V to paste without style.  Under Mac OS X, use Command-Option-Shift-V.  This will paste the copied information without style.

If the data has already been pasted with an active style, then use Ctrl-Z under Windows, or Command-Z under Mac OS X to undo the style.

If the pasted data is already committed, then copy the entire contents to the clipboard and press Ctrl-Shift-V or Command-Option-Shift-V.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Copying & pasting formatting issues
            chefhart

It seems odd that theres no way of setting a default font / size / formatting for all cells ?

As if your entering hundreds of cells of data expecting a member of staff / user to - Command-Option-Shift-V each time seems crazy ?

Thanks

David

• 3. Re: Copying & pasting formatting issues
              TSGal

chefhart:

If you have several records where the font, font size, style, etc. is different than the default value for the field, then use Replace Field Contents with the calculation:      TextFormatRemove ( <field name> )

If you always want the users to enter the default settings, then change the field Options to include Auto-Enter Calculation:    TextFormatRemove ( Self )

Be sure to uncheck the option "Do not replace existing value of field (if any)".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.