1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 9:42 AM by TSGal

FMPA 15.0 crashes often when installed on same machine as FMS 15.0

datastride

Product and version  - FMPA 15.0.1.119

OS and version - Windows Server 2012 R2

Hardware

Leased Windows 2012 R2 server

Description

When FMPA is run on the same machine as the database to which one is connecting is being hosted by FMS 15.0.1.137, changes cannot be made to the schema (Manage Database) and FMPA crashes often and typically after just a minute or two of connectivity. Editing scripts almost always causes FMPA to crash.

How to replicate

Hopefully this is obvious ...

Workaround (if any)

Don't run FMPA 15 on same machine as FMS 15. This is not satisfactory, as our development team sometimes needs to access the server machine via Remote Desktop to make updates to the schema (Manage Database). We do this on the host so that should we lose the connection, the schema update will continue to run to completion (preventing corruption of the database).

• 1. Re: FMPA 15.0 crashes often when installed on same machine as FMS 15.0
          TSGal

morganjonesoph:

Thank you for your post.

I have been unable to install FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 on my Windows Server 2012, but I did install it on both a Windows Server 2008 and Mac OS X 10.11.6 server; both running FileMaker Server 15.0.1.

After launching FileMaker Pro, I went to Open Remote, added the current host IP Address to show all files, and I'm able to access and open all files.  I am able to access Manage Database and add/edit/delete tables and fields, and then save them.  I can also go into the Script Workspace and add/edit/delete scripts and save them.

Let me know what else I can do to replicate the crashing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.