AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with 'IsEmpty' function

Question asked by kuta on Aug 30, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 by kuta

Dear All,

I have a problem with an 'IsEmpty' function. I'm using FMP11 and I have two tables Invoice and Qualification, linked by the same qualification number (CQN) in both tables.

In the Invoice table I have a Cost1 field with the standard price and three fields (Cost2, Cost3, Cost4) for additional units.

In my Invoice layout I have three fields (Additional Unit 01, Additional Unit 02 etc.) from the related table Qualification showing the additional units chosen with each qualification.

I have set the options for the Cost2 etc fields to be an auto-entered calculation, so for example, Cost2 = If ( IsEmpty ( Qualification::Additional Unit 01 ) ; "" ; 6 ). I copied this arrangement from the Filemaker Pro Help pages.

My intention was that if the Additional Unit 01 etc. fields were empty, no price would be added in Cost2 etc., but if there was text in Additional Unit 01, this would place £6 in Cost2.

This doesn't happen, nothing appears in the Cost2 field and I can't see what I am doing wrong. I'm sure there is a simple solution so any suggestions gratefully received.

Outcomes