4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 10:31 AM by bruns

Turnover script

bruns

Has anyone ever done turnover with FileMaker.  I have an employee database and that it would be helpful to have the turnover between any 2 dates.  Any ideas or example is appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Turnover script
          TSPigeon

bruns:

Thank you for your post!

It looks like you are needing to find fields between a range of dates (and maybe on the field that specifies whether the employee is still with the company). Here is a thread that might be of use: Find date range

I hope this helps!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Turnover script
            bruns

I agree with the date ranges.  Not sure how to put all of this together in a script.  Any help is appreciated, I will keep plugging away at it.  Thanks

I have enclosed the definition of turnover.

Calculate your turnover rate
            For the last 12 month period, add up the number of voluntary resignations. Next divide
            by the total number of employees at the end of the same 12 month period.
            •    Resignations                                       =                 

•    Number of Employees                       =                  

•    Your Turnover rate                  =                   % (divide resignations by number of
            employees)

For Example
            •    Resignations                                       =   55

•    Number of employees                        =  500

•    55 ÷ 500                                              =   .11 or 11%

• 3. Re: Turnover script
              philmodjunk

And how is all that recorded in records of your table?

• 4. Re: Turnover script
                bruns

I have an employee table, I have hire date and term date.  About all I have as not sure of the best way  to move forward.