If the account used as a default login account in the file options has no fmapp extended privilege, then other tabs of file options (text, spelling…) are not available, even if the current account has [Full Access] privilege.
Thank you for your post.
I am un able to replicate the issue. This is what I have done:
1. In a newly created file under FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 under Mac OS X 10.11.6, I added a new account "test" that has a privilege set "test" that allow viewing of data and execution of scripts. The fmapp extended privilege is not available for any account.
2. I set the file to automatically open under the "test" account.
3. After closing and opening the file, I go into File Options, and, as expected, the other tabs (except Spelling) are not available.
4. I then reopen the file using the [Full Access] password, change the "test" account to [Full Access], and the fmapp extended privilege is still unavailable for any account.
5. I reopen the file, go into File Options, and all tabs are accessible.
Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is not reproductible consistently.
Maybe (hypothesis) I had the issues when
- the file was hosted
- the fmapp ext. priv. was removed from the account after the file options were defined.
Not sure though, but this happened several time.
Also, in our internal wiki I found that in some occasions, we couldn't define a default account (file options) if the account had not fmapp. Meaning the credentials were rejected in the file options dialog.
Retrieving data ...