2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 3:56 PM by FabriceNordmann

File options: default account without fmapp causes weird behavior

FabriceNordmann

If the account used as a default login account in the file options has no fmapp extended privilege, then other tabs of file options (text, spelling…) are not available, even if the current account has [Full Access] privilege.

• 1. Re: File options: default account without fmapp causes weird behavior
          TSGal

1-more-thing:

Thank you for your post.

I am un able to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. In a newly created file under FileMaker Pro 15.0.1 under Mac OS X 10.11.6, I added a new account "test" that has a privilege set "test" that allow viewing of data and execution of scripts.  The fmapp extended privilege is not available for any account.

2. I set the file to automatically open under the "test" account.

3. After closing and opening the file, I go into File Options, and, as expected, the other tabs (except Spelling) are not available.

4. I then reopen the file using the [Full Access] password, change the "test" account to [Full Access], and the fmapp extended privilege is still unavailable for any account.

5. I reopen the file, go into File Options, and all tabs are accessible.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: File options: default account without fmapp causes weird behavior
            FabriceNordmann

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is not reproductible consistently.

Maybe (hypothesis) I had the issues when

- the file was hosted

- the fmapp ext. priv. was removed from the account after the file options were defined.

Not sure though, but this happened several time.

Also, in our internal wiki I found that in some occasions, we couldn't define a default account (file options) if the account had not fmapp. Meaning the credentials were rejected in the file options dialog.