AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field not refreshing

Question asked by petermac on Aug 31, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by petermac

I have a very strange situation that I haven't been able to replicate however, the issue was persistent at the time.  We have an estimating solution.  It is used to estimate multi-million dollar construction projects.  During the closing of a job we may have 3 to 5 people logged into the solution and changing numbers.  During such a close, the team noticed that the total displayed on one computer (Buck's) was different than the total on the other two.  Upon closer inspection we noticed that one field, in one record (materialunitcost), was different on Buck's computer.  The field is an indexed number field.  The field is part of a calculation that totals the record and part of a calculation that totals the found set.  We have a script that is used to update the estimate total.  All three computer users would have been activating this script multple times as the closing cut off time came close.  Each computer should show exactly the same total.  When Buck ran the script all three computers showed the total based on his value of the field.  When the two others ran the script all three computers showed the total based on their "correct" value of the script.  After the close we went record by record comparing the two versions of the estimate and we discovered the one field that was different.  Once we found the bad number we tested changing this number from all computers and the number refreshed exactly as you would expect it to.  I need to figure out how to prevent this from happening in the future.  Does anyone have any idea why this one field in this one record did not refresh on this one computer?  Thanks for your help.  Peter

Outcomes