2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 12:00 PM by TSGal

Error leads to commit

MatteoKrings

Product and version Filemaker Pro 15.01.119

OS and version Mac OS 10.11.5

Hello,

I would like to report the following bug:

I edit records through a relationship by using a portal and if there is an error I revert the parent record to cancel all edits made.

If I insert a document into a container during this process and the container field is not present on the layout with the portal I get error 102 as expected, but the record can not be reverted because it has already been committed and all edits made before the error are saved.

I realised that the "insert document" script step commits the record when the container field is not present.

I have built a small test file to reproduce the error.

One edit is made to a text field through the relationship and then after the insert field step generates the error, the record ist committed. This can be seen, as the content of the text field is not reverted to empty.

The workaround can be found here: Error 102 - Field missing commits the record?

Regards,

Matteo

• 1. Re: Error leads to commit
          TSGal

MatteoKrings:

Thank you for your post.

Using your file, I am able to replicate the issue.  The "Insert File" script step into a related field that is not on the layout appears to be the issue.  If the related field is present in the portal, then the record can be reverted.

I have forwarded your post and sample file to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Error leads to commit
            TSGal

MatteoKrings:

Testing is able to replicate the issue, and all information has now been sent to Development for further review.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.