10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 10:08 AM by TSGal

Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)

TomEdge

FM GO 15.0.2

iOS 9.3.4

iPAD 3rd and 2nd Generation

It happens on all 2nd and third gen iPADs. iPad Air is not having the same issue.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
          TSGal

TomEdge:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. Using FileMaker Pro 15.0.1, I created a file with a Container field.

2. I closed the file and sent it over to my iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.5.

3. I launched FileMaker Go 15.0.2 and opened the file.

4. I added a record, took a picture with the rear camera and saved it.

5. I added a record, took a picture with the front camera and saved it.

6. I repeated steps 4 and 5 several times.

7. I added a record, and then swapped between the front and back camera several times and then took a picture.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
            TomEdge

Are you using the Insert From Device script step?  I was defaulting to the rear camera in the step and attempting to switch to the front camera when they crashed.  I set the default to the front camera in the script and it crashes immediately now.

Thanks, Tom

To: Thomas Edge <tomedge@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:14 AM

Subject: Re:  - Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)

Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)

reply from TSGal in Report a Product Issue - View the full discussionTomEdge: Thank you for your post. I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done: 1. Using FileMaker Pro 15.0.1, I created a file with a Container field.2. I closed the file and sent it over to my iPad 3 running iOS 9.3.5.3. I launched FileMaker Go 15.0.2 and opened the file.4. I added a record, took a picture with the rear camera and saved it.5. I added a record, took a picture with the front camera and saved it.6. I repeated steps 4 and 5 several times.7. I added a record, and then swapped between the front and back camera several times and then took a picture. Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue. TSGalFileMaker, Inc.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Report a Product Issue by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads) in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2016 • Las Vegas, Nevada • July 18-21 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 3. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
              TomEdge

Also, doesn't happen when using insert from device for photos, but is happening when attempting to scan a barcode.

• 4. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                TSGal

TomEdge:

Thank you for the additional information.

I created a button that executes the script step: Insert from Device using the Back camera; full resolution

I also created a button that executes a script which has the same script step but using the Front camera.

I can still swap between front and rear cameras; regardless of what button I tap.  Is there any other information you can provide about the button and/or script?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                  TSGal

TomEdge:

Our posts crossed in transit.

Thank you for the additional information about barcodes.  What type of barcodes are you scanning?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                    TomEdge

Did you try inserting barcode from device?  I tested with photos and there was no problem.

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:56 AM

Subject: Re:  - Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)

reply from TSGal in Report a Product Issue - View the full discussionTomEdge: Thank you for the additional information. I created a button that executes the script step: Insert from Device using the Back camera; full resolution I also created a button that executes a script which has the same script step but using the Front camera. I can still swap between front and rear cameras; regardless of what button I tap.  Is there any other information you can provide about the button and/or script? TSGalFileMaker, Inc.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Report a Product Issue by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads) in these streams: Inbox

FileMaker Developer Conference 2016 • Las Vegas, Nevada • July 18-21 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 7. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                      TomEdge

- Insert from Device

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:59 AM

reply from TSGal in Report a Product Issue - View the full discussionTomEdge: Our posts crossed in transit. Thank you for the additional information about barcodes.  What type of barcodes are you scanning? TSGalFileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                        TSGal

TomEdge:

I am able to replicate the crash.  Insert From Device - Bar Codes - Front camera will crash regardless of which Bar Code is selected.  I have sent this information, along with a sample file, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

Which bar codes are you scanning with your front camera?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                          TomEdge

Code 128.  On employee badges.  Some employees like to hold their badge in front of the screen rather than reach around to the back.

Thanks, Tom

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:25 PM

reply from TSGal in Report a Product Issue - View the full discussionTomEdge: I am able to replicate the crash.  Insert From Device - Bar Codes - Front camera will crash regardless of which Bar Code is selected.  I have sent this information, along with a sample file, to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know. Which bar codes are you scanning with your front camera? TSGalFileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Attempting to swap between front and back camera crashes FM GO 15.0.2 (3rd, 2nd Gen iPads)
                            TSGal

TomEdge:

Testing has confirmed that the issue only occurs on the unsupported devices.  All supported iOS devices work well.  At this time, there are no plans to revisit and support the iPad 2 and iPad 3 in FileMaker Go 14 or FileMaker Go 15.

System Requirements for FileMaker Go 14 | FileMaker

System Requirements for FileMaker Go 15 | FileMaker

TSGal

FileMaker, INc.