1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 12:25 PM by TSPigeon

Invoice Starter Solution

martinrp

I am trying to re create the invoice starter solution (FM Pro 14 on Mac 10.11.6)  and modify it to reflect projects rather than invoices.  I have managed to reproduce the SELECT button on the Invoice Details layout that allows search and/or select an existing customer. When I select the + New Customer button it takes me to the New Customer Panel where all the required edit fields are BUT it does not allow me to select any edit field.  If I try to just type text I get the error message "Before Typing Press Tab or click in a field, or choose the New Record Command".  ..... but I cannot click on the fields nor Tab between fields.    It's as if i'm missing the Create a New Record command ... but I cannot see where it resides in the template.  Any suggestions?

New Customer Script

• Set Variable [ $$CURRENT_CUSTOMER_ID; Value:Invoices::CUSTOMER ID MATCH FIELD ]
      • Set Field [ Invoices::CUSTOMER ID MATCH FIELD; "" ]
      • Commit Records/Requests [ No dialog ]
      • Set Layout Object Animation [ On ]
      • Go to Object [ Object Name: "New Customer Panel" ]

Ive attached  a screenshot of the inspector Window of a filed in the New Customer Panel Slide control.

thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Invoice Starter Solution
          TSPigeon

martinrp:

Thank you for your post!

In the Edit Relationship Dialog, is the "Allow creation of records in this table via this relationship" checked for the "Customers" Table?

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 3.20.22 PM.png

I am also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space, which is specifically for input on the Community itself, to the Discussions Space where you should receive even more views and potentially more advice!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.