AnsweredAssumed Answered

Open Type mkmk feature no longer supported in FileMaker 15?

Question asked by RolfNoyer on Sep 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 by RolfNoyer

I just updated to FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced after several years using version 13.

The current version appears to no longer respect or understand the Open Type font feature “mkmk”. This is the feature that ensures that diacritic marks (accents) are properly placed with respect to other diacritic marks on a character. For example if you have [a] with a macron (long mark) on top and an accent on top of that, any font with the "mkmk" feature correctly implemented will properly place the accent above the other mark and not diretctly on top of it.

I designed many fonts especially so that they would work properly with File Maker 13, and all they fonts all worked fine before, but version 15 acts as if the mkmk feature is now being completely ignored. The on-screen display has been ruined.

What happened?

I have also noticed that  text in the  google font “Noto Nastaliq Urdu” is entirely garbled on screen now, but it looked perfect before in File Maker 13.

Is there any way to solve this problem? This may seem like a trivial issue, but to me it is extremely important, since my database contains a great deal of information in many languages that require proper font support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes