AnsweredAssumed Answered

Virtual table?

Question asked by stevaroni on Sep 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 by Johan Hedman

I am incorporating barcode scanner capability into our database's batch entry and data verification layouts. I have a table that is used to store barcode scanned input at a remote location. The person just goes to the correct layout on their phone, connects their phone via Bluetooth to the scanner, and then scans one barcode, listens for the beep, then scans the next. It works very nicely.

Then upon returning to the office, the user executes scripts to add the data into the appropriate tables. The problem: only one user at a time can use the scanner, because until they return to their office and empty the temporary table, anyone else's input into that table will corrupt the first person's data--so that is prevented via security settings. My question: Since we are rapidly growing beyond the one person at a time approach, I need to incorporate some type of separate local database, virtual session, virtual list, or virtual table so that multiple people can do the verification checks simultaneously. Can anyone point me to a recommended approach, reading material, etc?

Outcomes