1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2016 11:01 AM by JeffJ

Auto-resize objects in FM 11

JeffJ

I have many layouts that use graphic objects (lines, bars) as part of a look. Most of these objects auto-resize as expected, resizing horizontally for example. On just a few layouts, that are VERY similar to most, such objects do not auto-resize as expected. The documentation states that object auto-resizing is anchored to the layout or container margins. None of the objects in question are in portals or tab controls so I must assume they are anchored to layout margins, EXACTLY like the objects that auto-resize correctly on the layouts without problems. I have experimented with layout print margins but that has no effect. Is it possible that some other form of layout margin is in play on the few layouts that show this problem? Thanks

( I have included several attachments showing layout mode with anchors for a particular black header bar and browse mode of the same layout. The views with "Invoices" in their name are auto-resizing correctly while the views with "Clients" in their name are not, even though the anchors are set the same.)

• 1. Re: Auto-resize objects in FM 11
          JeffJ

It appears I have answered my own question here. After some experimenting I found that an object's auto-resize characteristics are effected by elements in addition to layout or container margins. In this case I had objects (fields, macro text) that extended beyond the original size of the object to be auto-resized, all in list view. When an object auto-resized it was then relative to the objects that were larger than it was originally. The solution for me was to change the original size of the object (bar, line) that I wanted to auto-resize to be larger than the original size of other objects that I did not want to auto-resize, all in list view.

1 of 1 people found this helpful