5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 9:38 AM by Jade

iPad Pro Users

MartinCrosman

I am sure there are many of you using FileMaker Go on the iPad Pro. I am curious about the split screen capabilities. For example can I have my FileMaker application open on one half of the screen and some PDF viewing app in the other half?

If I have a PDF in a container and export it to open can I use the split screen to view the pdf and filemaker at the same time.

As an aside how come when I go to an Apple store and pick up one of these to experiment with it that FileMaker isn't installed. I would think Apple would make it one of the standard apps loaded.

Thanks Martin

• 1. Re: iPad Pro Users
          Jade

Hi Martin,

The short answer is Yes.  You can split the screen and open a container field's contents in a PDF reader on an iPad Pro (9.7" in my case) providing the PDF reader supports split screen too.

But why not use the View option within FileMaker Go?  IMO, it's more convenient and legible.

Jon

• 2. Re: iPad Pro Users
            MartinCrosman

Thanks Jon

Are you saying that if I use the view option within FileMaker Go I can view the document split screen with the database in the other half of the screen? That is what I am looking to to. Have the database on one side and an interactive view of the PDF in the other. Maybe using something like Notability to allow for document mark up.

• 3. Re: iPad Pro Users
              Jade

Martin,

The view option within FileMaker Go will allow you to view the document full screen but I doubt that you can mark up the document this way.  However you can use split screen with FileMaker Go and open the PDF from a container field in another app.  Changes made in the other app will probably not be automatically saved in FileMaker Go.

Jon

• 4. Re: iPad Pro Users
                MartinCrosman

Thanks. I realized that I could do this full screen I was really interested in the split screen access  with the PDF in the other App and FileMaker Go in the other half. Sounds doable.

Thanks again for the reply.

• 5. Re: iPad Pro Users
                  Jade

Please note that changes made in the other app will probably not be automatically saved in FileMaker Go.