Mac Mini, El Capitan 10.11.4
FileMaker Pro Advanced 22.214.171.124
I am having problems typing script step abbreviations in long scripts, because the first keystroke after pressing return is being delayed / skipped.
In Script Workspace in a FileMaker set to english:
- Create a long script - even empty lines - say 300 or 700 lines (the more lines the clearer the problem)
- Try to input an Else If command by pressing the following three keys quickly: <return> <e> <i>
I expect to see "ei" in the input box and the suggestions menu with "else if"
Often, but not always, I actually see "ie" in the input box and the suggestions menu is - correspondingly - empty.
Indeed, sometimes I see first "i" and the "e" arrives a fraction of a second later!
Note / My analysis
BUG: The first keystroke after the return is being skipped / delayed / is arriving late. (You can see this more clearly if you type "asdf" quickly => this arrives as "sdfa")
In short scripts it is not a problem, but it seems the longer the script the greater the delay / the bigger the problem.
Elimination of other problem sources:
- I thought for ages that it was a problem of the remote connection to the computer (I work a lot from my home office), but I am currently sitting directly in front of the Mac Mini, and it is STILL a problem
- I have thrown out all plugins (inc. MBS with its syntax coloring) and STILL have the problem
- I thus conclude => It seems really to be a bug in the Script Workspace