AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hosted files not showing after installing fiber line

Question asked by ndveitch on Sep 8, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2016 by BeatriceBeaubien

Hi There,

I have a very strange and annoying issue with my one client. I have a launch file for the external users to gain access to their FM Hosted Solution and this has been working very well for the last few years without a hitch. They are connecting from FM Pro 12 to FM Server 12 over an ADSL connection with a 3G fail over.

We had an IP change 2 years ago, and updated the IP details on the firewall and external connections in the launch file, and everything still worked perfectly. Beginning of last week my client upgraded to fiber and now we have awesome download speeds in the office but none of the external users can get to the FM Server. The FM Server sits on an old Windows 2003 Server box, and when we RDP into the server on the new IP address, the firewall sends us to the FM Server and we can see the machine, however FMS does not want to show up when we use open remote dialog. And yes I did update the IP in the launch file

The only thing that has changed in the whole setup is the static IP address the comes into the firewall, yet FM Pro will not see the files. We are about to start opening up every port known to man to see if that works, but as you can imagine that could be a little security flaw .

As I mentioned, it doesn't make sense as the system has been working fine up until we switched over from ADSL. Any suggestions on things for us to look at as to why the external users can not now access the server?

Outcomes