AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pulling multiple sets of related data into a table?

Question asked by boltthecolt on Sep 10, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 by boltthecolt

Very basic question (Newbie). Sorry but it has me stumped. I have only two tables so far. Major table is a heap of data around a book title. Minor table is a list of contributors ie authors, illustrators, editors etc. Contributors are few. ie often the same author with a small range of possible illustrators etc. Contributors table consists of the usual, Last name, first name, biography, previous works etc. In the main table I have fields for Contributor 1 Last name (Value list) then Contributor 1 First name, Contributor 1 biography etc then same for Contributors 2 and 3.  etc. by joining the two tables with Contributor 1 joined to Contributor creating a relationship I can look up the data for Contributor 1 First name, Contributor 1 DOB etc. All good but how can I do this for Contributor 2 and Contributor 3. If I have no relationship defined between the two tables is there any way to pull automatically data from the related fields for Contributor 1 and keep separate from Contributor 2 and 3. I hope this makes sense.  I don't even know how to ask the question effectively.  Many thanks Mark  Screen shot shows input page of the major table. The data all exists in the minor table. I want to pull the data from the minor and display it in the major table. ie only contributor 1, 2, and 3  name is decided here for the title (via Last Name). The rest should be pulled from the minor table and displayed. !e2eTitles.jpg

Outcomes