AnsweredAssumed Answered

Capturing data from check box input

Question asked by robert-42it on Sep 13, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 13, 2016 by David Moyer

I am converting preexisting forms from an online platform with limited reporting to FMP.

Part of the process is duplicating existing data capture forms onto FMP layouts.

These are repetitive data input for the users and there are many "multiple choice entries" to make their life easier.

I have a variety of fields where input will be from radio buttons (single option only) or check boxes (multiple options allowed). 

In the layout I used the Field option to create a check box or radio button control.

Then I created a and associated multi-value lists with the control. Many also had the option to enter in a different value.

It all seemed so easy until I began thinking.  How do I deal with the multiple different values when they are in one field.

While I don't see a need to select (as in SQL Select) records on individual values in these fields it may come up on the future.

What would be a preferable option?  Add multiple fields in the table to capture the option when multiple option are allowed, or try to parse out individual options in case the need comes to select records based in specific criteria held in a single multi-value field.

Hopefully I explained this clearly enough.

Thank you for reading this.

Robert

Outcomes