5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 10:28 AM by philmodjunk

Adding Custom colors

thong127

Hello all,

How can I add custom colors to the blank pallete? I tried to add but always it go to the first blank pallete.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adding Custom colors
          David Moyer

Hi,

which version of FM are you using?

• 2. Re: Adding Custom colors
            thong127

Hi David,

Im Using Filemaker  Pro  Advanced 15.

Thank you

• 3. Re: Adding Custom colors
              David Moyer

So, the custom palette is not so useful (unless they've fixed it in 15) because FM forgets your custom colors when you close the application.  You can take advantage of the Format Painter to help you, across sessions.

I have v.14 ... In layout mode, I select an object, select the color palette (font, fill, line), and select Other Color...  Then, knowing what color you want (RGB or Hue/Saturation/Luminosity numbers), select one of the empty white custom color blocks.  Enter the three numbers and click "Add to custom colors".

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adding Custom colors
                David Moyer

you don't have to know the numbers - you can use the graphical interface instead.

• 5. Re: Adding Custom colors
                  philmodjunk

You can also select an object with the color you want to replicate, Open the color palette, Select "other color..." and click "Add to custom colors". You can then select the object for which you want to select the same color, repeat these steps band click the custom color that now appears in the palette.

It's a bit counter intuitive, but you can go to one object, add it's color as a custom color, but hit the button twice, then go to another object and add it's color as a custom color once and now have two custom colors in the palette that you can use, however temporarily as these values are not retained.

You can also define the appearnce of an object as a Style and then apply that object's style to other objects of the same type in order to produce objects with a consistent appearance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful