ClayK

FMS14 crashes

Discussion created by ClayK on Sep 15, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 by ClayK

I have a problem that I've never seen before since before 1996.I have a network using my order entry, invoicing, inventory etc. program from 1997 after I went to Filemaker school.  I am currently using FMS14 and have six in-house users.  I recently replaced one of the computer users to a new Apple mini and installed FMP15 on it.  This computer is the main order entry person.  Lately it shows a problem saying the file, "FMS_D789CE89CF314B33FE3D63A7E3AE039B.fch" could not be created on the system disk.  Use a different name, make more room on the disk or unlock it.  I know of two files the operator tries to open and sometimes gets this message every day.  She closes, restarts the program and continues on.  I cannot duplicate the occurrences my computer.  I plan to upgrade to FMS15 once everything settles down.  I don't want to complicate the problems.  I cannot even upload files to the server automatically and have been doing it the manual way.  Is this problem in the server even though no other computer is experiencing the problems?  I had to update my databases from Filemaker Pro 11 when 12 arrived.  I've had no problems with the conversions including my employee time clock.

I might mention that my FMP14 and FMPA14 programs all start out scrambled and then straighten out.  It does not happen with FMPA13 or FMPA15.  Please excuse my lack of knowledge from FMP12 on.  It feels like everything has changed and I have to catch up.

Outcomes