3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 9:57 AM by TSGal

Crash with data viewer

CarlSchwarz

Windows 10, FileMaker Pro Advanced 15, Database hosted locally on FileMaker Server 15.

I have a script that can cause the "Data Viewer" to go really slow while I am in the script debugger.  The script will move to a layout where a relationship is out of context and FileMaker temporarily locks up while trying to update the data viewer.

I get a "Find in progress..." dialogue box pop-up.  If I close the data viewer while the "Find in progress..." dialogue box is visible on the screen then FileMaker Pro Advanced will reliably crash when the Find in Progress... dialogue box disappears.

An image of the Find dialogue box in front of the data viewer is attached.

• 1. Re: Crash with data viewer
          TSGal

CarlSchwarz:

Thank you for your post.

If the Data Viewer isn't open, do you still get the "Find in progress..." dialog box?

If the file is local (not hosted), do you get a crash?

Does the layout have any script triggers?

In moving to the layout, what is the relationship based upon?  That is, what fields are involved in the relationship?  What objects appear on the layout?  Are there more than one portal on the layout?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Crash with data viewer
            CarlSchwarz

Hi,

Just a few brief answers first

If the data viewer isn't open script steps performs in a fraction of a second.  If the data viewer is open the delay is 30 seconds or more per script step when advancing with the debugger.

The crash also happens when the file is not hosted on a server.

There are no script triggers on the layouts, they are basic layouts that only exist for the script so there is nothing fancy on them apart from a few fields.  There are no portals on the layouts.

I'll try to give more detail later thanks.

• 3. Re: Crash with data viewer
              TSGal

CarlSchwarz:

Thanks for the "brief" answers.

Since the crash also occurs with the file locally, I would like to get a copy of the file.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.