AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting Up a Script to Perform Find with a Pop-Up Menu

Question asked by pademo57 on Sep 16, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2016 by pademo57

In Filemaker 15 I'm trying to perform a find for an employee in my Report Table which uses the Pop-up Menu that shows all the Employees on the Report Layout.

I have an Employee and a Report Table. In the Employee table I have a Primary Key __pk_EmpID. In the Report Table I also have a primary key __pk_RptID with an foreign key for the Employee called _fk_EmpID.

In the Report Layout I used the pop-up menu to show the Employees by creating a Value List which uses values from the first field ( the primary key  - __pk_EmpID from Employee) and the secondary field ( a calculated field of the first and last name of the Employee). I also clicked on "Override data formatting with value list"

This works great when creating a new report but when I try to set up a script to perform a find I keep getting an error saying it can't find any matching criteria.

My script uses the Enter Find Mode and then the Perform Find but I don't seem to be able to figure out what criteria to put in to get it to find an employee.

Can someone walk me through how to get this to work please?

Outcomes