We need to see your script to know how and why it failed.
Did you select the employee and then enter find mode or did you enter find mode and then select the employee?
If you did the first, you are doing data entry on the current record and then entering find mode and that then fails.
If you enter find mode, pause so that the user can select an employee and then perform the find, this should work though it's not the approach that I prefer for this type of thing.
I prefer to set up a field with global storage used solely for entering search criteria for the scripted find. You can put the global field inside a popover with a button inside the popover used to perform the find.
Your script might then look like this:
Enter FInd Mode  --- clear the pause check box
Set field [YourTable::YourEmployeePrimaryKeyFieldHere ; YourTable::globalFieldWithPopupMenuHere ]
Set Error Capture [on]
Perform Find 
If [ Get ( FoundCOunt ) = 0 ]
Show Custom Dialog ["Error, no records found"]
Note that "restore" does not appear for either Enter FInd mode nor for Perform Find.
I realize now that I was trying to use the base table instead of the TO which is related and as soon as I switched it then it worked.