11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 9:13 AM by TSGal

FM GO stuck on load

tomperr

At times, I select from a drop-down to manage thru different projects as defined in my layout.  In FM Pro Advanced, this works.  Sometimes in the Go application, the screen will get stuck loading.  This previously never occurred.  The only change made to the file was adding summary fields in 1 line portals within a tab.

Any reason for this?

• 1. Re: FM GO stuck on load
          TSGal

tomperr:

Thank you for your post.

If you create a new layout (do not duplicate the existing layout), do you get the same results?

Does the layout have any script triggers?  Does the drop-down list have a script trigger?

What other objects do you have on the layout?

If you duplicate the layout and remove half the objects, does the duplicated layout work?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FM GO stuck on load
            tomperr

Hi TSGal-

I duplicated layout and eliminated everything with exception to the drop down selection list.  I can go through and select but will still get hung up loading only using the Go app.  It is not the same selection every time.  I do have script tied to the dropdown that does the following:

Freeze Window

Set Variable[$ProjID; Value: ProjX::__gProjID]

Enter Find Mode

Set Field [ProjX::__ProjsIDpk; Projects_REPM_nav::__gProjID]

Perform Find []

Show All Records

This works flawlessly in Pro.  It is just the go app that gets hung up upon selecting a new project.

I have not had this problem in the past, so wondering what all of the sudden created the issue?

• 3. Re: FM GO stuck on load
              TSGal

tomperr:

If you want, send in a clone of your solution and I'll work with it here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

From my previous post, if you create a new layout, do you get the same results?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                philmodjunk
                The only change made to the file was adding summary fields in 1 line portals within a tab.

Are those fields visible and trying to update at the time things "hang"?

Might it be that if you waited a really long time, the screen might finally update to show the values?

This catches my attention because summary fields can definitely slow down how fast a layout updateds and if you put them in portals because these one line portals are filtered portals, this will put an even heavier "load" on the process.

• 5. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                  tomperr

when I make a duplicate of the layout and eliminate all fields with exception to the dropdown, it will still get hung up (intermittently, not every time)

• 6. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                    philmodjunk

Create a completely new layout. Do not copy and paste any objects from your existing layouts on it. And test it with "Created from scratch" components. This is a test to see if maybe your layout is corrupted.

• 7. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                      TSGal

tomperr:

Thank you for your file.

Our Testing department was able to replicate the issue on all iPads running under iOS 10.0.  The issue does not occur with iPhones, nor does the issue occur under iOS 9.x.

The cause are grouped pop-up menu fields with either an OnObjectModify or OnObjectExit script trigger attached.  If the field is ungrouped, then the issue does not occur.  This information has been sent to Development for further review.

In your file, remove the grouping for the _gProjID field.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                        tomperr

Hi TSGal-

That is great that you have found the culprit.  I thought I just had popup.  Are you referencing the hiding of "Select Status" and "Select Location"?

I dont think I have anything else grouped.

• 9. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                          TSGal

tomperr:

On the Projects_REPM layout, select the _gProjID field.  Pull down the Arrange menu and select "Ungroup".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                            tomperr

Got it!

Thank you.

• 11. Re: FM GO stuck on load
                              TSGal

tomperr:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Go 15.0.3.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.