7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 2:06 AM by gdurniak

Deleted relational dependencies

aanshi

One of the database was corrupted. So we have created clone of that database and performed recovery. We have imported records from this recovered file into new clone file.

This database is connected(relationship) to other database Both are connected via Job Number

JOB
      Status
      Job NumberJob Number
      Status

I have imported records into clone of status database from the recovered file.

Now When I create status for the Job number 111,its create status for lets say 225 instead of 111

I checked the recovery logs and did not find any errors but found this line

Deleted relational dependencies

Recovering: table alias 'TO_Status' (1065089)

.What this means ? Do I need to update this?

• 1. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
          philmodjunk

Sorry, but it is just not clear exactly what you have done and exactly what you are doing when you:

create new employee for XYZ department.It is assigned to the another department.

When you created the clone, what copy of your file did you clone? Are you sure that your clone is not also damaged? Ideally, you would check a back up copy by recovering it and if no problems are reported by the recover, you would then save a clone of that original back up copy. If you save a clone of the recovered file or the corrupted file, you have a greater chance that the clone is also damaged.

A screen shot of your relationships would help clarify what is linked to what.

And a step by step description of how you went about creating that new employee would also be very helpful as there are many different ways that you might have done that particular task.

• 2. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
            coherentkris

this sounds like they created a clone of a known damaged file and expected it to work.

"One of the database was corrupted. So we have created clone of that database and performed recovery."

• 3. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
              aanshi

I have updated my question.

• 4. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
                philmodjunk

This question has not been answered:

When you created the clone, what copy of your file did you clone? Are you sure that your clone is not also damaged? Ideally, you would check a back up copy by recovering it and if no problems are reported by the recover, you would then save a clone of that original back up copy. If you save a clone of the recovered file or the corrupted file, you have a greater chance that the clone is also damaged.

And back to another question that I've already asked:

Now When I create status for the Job number

How, step by step, did you do that?

You can create a new record by going to a layout and selecting "new record". You can create a new record by entering data into a portal row. You can create a new record by running a script that creates the new record. Just to name a few possibilities.

So how, EXACTLY, did you do it?

What you describe could be as simple as an auto-entered serial number that has the wrong "next value setting" due to the import into clone or it could be something else.

• 5. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
                  aanshi

1.I have created clone file of the original file. But this file was damaged . So I created clone file. I checked many back up files. They all are damaged. 2.I performed recovery on clone file and did not gave any errors 3.I also performed recovery on  original file 4. I opened specify layout and then imported records from the recovered file manually(Use Import Record not using script). 5. After import , I have manually verified data in clone file and original file. They look fine. There is no issue with auto enter serial key. 6.I have created new record(on live environment) and it worked fine. Now some users complied that they have created new records in status database but there are not able to see it.

• 6. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
                    philmodjunk

If no backup recovers "clean", your safest bet is to clone a recovered copy if the recover report does not advise you to not use the recovered copy.

You still have not posted a detailed description of how the new records are being created. That sets the context for examining how this process might fail for you and what to do to fix it.

• 7. Re: Deleted relational dependencies
                      gdurniak

We have no way to know what "Deleted relational dependencies" means.  But, since FileMaker "builds" dependencies each time you edit the Graph,  this may be nothing

Important Note:  When you make a Clone, FileMaker will silently drop any objects it does not like.  It is better to Recover the original file

Since you apparently have no "clean" backup,  and all the record "key" fields seem correct,  you could try deleting, and re-creating the Relation between the Tables

Troubleshooting is a very tedious trial and error process

greg

>

1. I have created clone file of the original file. But this file was damaged .

So I created clone file. I checked many back up files. They all are damaged.

2. I performed recovery on clone file and did not gave any errors

3. I also performed recovery on  original file

4. I opened specify layout and then imported records from the recovered file manually ( Use Import Record not using script ).

5. After import , I have manually verified data in clone file and original file. They look fine. There is no issue with auto enter serial key.

6. I have created new record ( on live environment ) and it worked fine. Now some users complain that they have created new records in status database but there are not able to see it.