1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 9:04 AM by TSGal

Plainfacing Not Preserved When Pasting a Popover Object

richardsrussell

Product and version FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1.119

OS and version OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Browser and version (not using WebDirect)

Hardware iMac (21.5" mid-2014)

Description (see below)

How to replicate (apparently works like this every time)

Workaround (manual reformatting — tedious!)

I've been using popover buttons attached to little "?" buttons to provide users with information about adjacent fields. The popover object contains nothing but a single text block. The text itself, however, makes occasional use of boldfacing. Here's an example:

Click on an "initial" option below to populate the portal with the names of destinations whose major name falls in that range of the alphabet. For example, to bring up "The Herb Kohl Charitable Trust", you'd click on "Ko" for "Kohl", not "Th" for "The" or "He" for "Herb".

The problem arises when I copy that popover button and paste it onto a different layout. Then the first occurrence of boldface in the text block applies its boldfacing to all the text thereafter. Here the way it looks after pasting the above:

Click on an "initial" option below to populate the portal with the names of destinations whose major name falls in that range of the alphabet. For example, to bring up "The Herb Kohl Charitable Trust", you'd click on "Ko" for "Kohl", not "Th" for "The" or "He" for "Herb".

This occurs regardless of whether I copy and paste the entire popover button, the text block as an object, or only the text within the block. Needless to say, I'd expect the text styles (fonts, sizes, styles, colors, etc.) to be preserved during a copy-and-paste operation. Haven't yet experimented with the fonts, sizes, or colors, but I'm not sanguine about the prospects.

• 1. Re: Plainfacing Not Preserved When Pasting a Popover Object
          TSGal

richardsrussell:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. On my iMac running Mac OS X 10.11.6, I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1 and created a new database file.

2. In Layout Mode, I added a Popover button.  I copied your text block and pasted it into the Popover panel.  The bold

"major name" displays as expected.

3. I closed the Popover, saved the layout, copied the Popover to the clipboard, created a new layout, and pasted the Popover button to the new layout.  Opening the Popover, I see the text with "major name" only in bold.

Let me know what I am doing differently than you so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.