filopastrymaker

FMPro 9, 10, 11 Snow Leopard to El Capitan

Discussion created by filopastrymaker on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 by Markus Schneider

I am running a small network of eight Macs running FMPro 9 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8

There is a database of <100,000 records hosted on one Mac running FMPro 9 and sharing its connection with 7 clients running a mixture of FMPro 9 and 10. Other than the fact that the client runnng FMPro 10 sometimes fails to print when clicking a script button, everything works as expected.

After a couple of HDD failures and general incompatibilities of browser-based systems we use, the time has come to upgrade our Macs. FMPro is holding us back.

I ordered some Mac minis which are currently running El Capitan 10.11.6 and started testing.

FMPro 9 and FMPro 10 have a problem when printing summaries of "Records being browsed" - it prints the current record instead. (This problem also existed in a previous attempt to update Mavericks on 1 of the Macs so we reverted to Snow Leopard.

I installed the trial version of FMPro 11 on one of the new El Capitan Macs and this problem was fixed. After ordering 8 new licenses of FMPro 11 the user of the test machine reported that when using the drag-and-drop facility the screen was going blank. In fact, pressing and holding the mouse in the white space outside the field area also makes the records disappear.

I created a new database with 2 fields and 2 records and the behaviour is the same.

Testing the same file in Snow Leopard does not show the problem.

Any suggestions welcome please!

Outcomes