AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker crashes when saving change in popover.

Question asked by rcollins on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2016 by disabled_user28297

FileMaker has been crashing intermittently for several months when I am editing a menu popover that contains a sorted portal and some buttons. I cannot figure out what is causing the problem.

What I have tried so far:

• I cloned the file and re-imported all of my data.
  • I deleted all of the objects in question and built them up from scratch, with new, unique objects in each layout.
  • Any workaround I could think of to vary the saving sequence, some which seemed to work... until the problem persisted. (For example, making sure I had selected another object before saving, making sure I edited another object before saving, saving by going to layout mode rather than navigating to the next layout)

Common Items that I have noticed in the Crash Log (I am not a crash log expert so I may be focusing on the wrong thing):

• 0 com.filemaker.fmengine.framework  0x000000010d14b2c8 Draco::BaseStyleConverter::GetValueImage(FMStyle::BackgroundImageProperty const&, unsigned int) const + 76
  • 0   com.filemaker.client.advanced12  0x0000000100c5ebff RenderStyle::SetFromStyle(Draco::DBFileUser const&, Draco::IStyle const&, FMStyle::Component const&, FMStyle::State const&, RenderBoxShape, LayoutView*, bool, Draco::LayoutObject const*) + 2425

My assumptions:

• I am assuming my layouts are not corrupt because the crash occurs in multiple layouts, and only when I am dealing with this popover area.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

P.S.  Running FMP Adv. 15.0.1.119 on Mac OSX 10.11.6. Solution is local.

Outcomes