I've gone through the community and seen that other clients have ran into the same issue, named "Ghost Connections" in the past. I only found one thread that suggested doing a full re-install, but it was never mentioned of the cause or of a true fix. However, I think our issue a little bit more severe and doing a complete re-install of FMS yesterday night did not resolve the issue.
Threads i've looked at:
Here are the symptoms when FileMaker Server is in its rebellious state:
- WebDirect connections don't completely close on the server, eventually leading to exceeding concurrent licensing.
- WebDirect does not completely load the layouts.
- Regular FMP client connections get stuck opening and never completely load on the clients machine.
- Terminal commands to close the connections or restart the WPE return a 10006/10007 error that the service is already running.
- Ultimately, have to do a full stop/start of FileMaker services to get it back up.
Here are the server machines specs:
Mac Mini (OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite)
3GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB DDR3
500 GB Flash storage (50% used)
2TB External (50% used for Backups/Progressives)
FileMaker Server Specs:
FileMaker Server 14 v 14.0.412
69 Databases with an average of 30 connections daily.
FileMaker Pro 12-14 client connections, WebDirect connections, and PHP connections.
PHP,XML, and ODBC all enabled.
Standard SSL certificate from GoDaddy
WebDirect session timeouts set to 20 minutes.
I've been watching the client/server statistics and nothing seems to be putting a strain on the server. We have roughly 10 WebDirect connections during business hours. Console logs for the machine do not throw any crashes or errors when this behavior is going on.In the past few days we've had to restart the machine multiple times during business hours and we have roughly 20 different hosting clients whose businesses halt when we restart the server. I am unable to upgrade FileMaker Server to the latest 14.0.4b because we still have FileMaker 12 clients using the server.
Anyone else find an actual fix to this issue or what might be causing it?