AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange Script Behavior

Question asked by addison on Sep 21, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 by justinc

I have a database with two privilege sets: Full Access and Technician. Technician is a custom privilege set. When one of our technicians logs in with their username and password, it triggers installation of a Technician Custom Menu that doesn't allow them to create or delete records, and changes the "view all records" button to only show them the records tied to their login (in order to hide the "No Access" records from view). The database in question is a time card database, and technicians primarily use FileMaker Go on iPads to access it.

The database and logins seem to be working fine, except for one instance that I cannot replicate or figure out. One of our four technicians logged in in the morning, which triggered the creation of a time card for the day. If/when he logs in later that day, it should automatically check to see if a record for the day exists, and if it does, it takes the technician to that record instead of creating a duplicate.

However, when he logged in at the end of the day, he says that he only saw a blank record, and the "show all" part of the menu was not there. He hit the "new record" plus sign, and it allowed him to create a new record, effectively creating a duplicate for the day. He could also see "No Access" records (but not the information in them, due to the security settings). We also have an audit script running, but I know it did not run during this portion of time, because there is no audit information on those two records.

I have since tested his account as well as some other dummy test accounts in an effort to replicate the situation, but all is acting the way it should be.

I just want to be able to prevent this from happening again, as it's confusing for employees. I imagine it might be a FileMaker Go glitch, but I haven't been able to find a similar question on here.

Thanks for any help.

Outcomes