6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2016 3:56 PM by ToddWiener

Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra

ToddWiener

FileMaker Advanced 15.0.1.119 running on OSX 10.12 crashes when entering preview mode on a layout displaying a PDF as graphic.

• 1. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
          TSGal

ToddWiener:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. On a macOS Sierra 10.12 machine, I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.1, created a new database file with one Text field (Name), and added one record (Name: "TSGal").

3. In Layout Mode, I pulled down the Insert menu and selected "Picture...".  From the FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced folder, I selected the "FMP Acknolwedgements.pdf" file and clicked Insert.  I initially received the message that the object would extend off the layout, and if I wanted to extend the size of the layout.  I agreed.  I then made some adjustments so that the PDF was contained only in the Body.

4. After saving the layout, I went to Browse Mode to ensure everything looked fine.  Then, I switched to Preview Mode.  No crash.

Does your crashing occur for all database files?  Have you tried a different PDF file?  Any other information you can provide may be helpful in replicating the crash.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
            ToddWiener

Because I was working on a live project, I figured out which graphic was causing the problem. It was the only PDF amongst them.

So I changed it to a jpg and the problem went away.

I can try to find you an example. It was trough to narrow down. And the problem does not t appear under 10.11.

• 3. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
              TSGal

ToddWiener:

If you have a sample graphic, then please send it in.  Then again, try the same graphic in a new file.  If that works, then it may be a combination of factors in the original file, and I'd like to see a copy of that file.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
                ToddWiener

Here is a file with the PDF in a container. It crashes on preview.

• 5. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
                  TSGal

TooWiener:

The file does not crash under FileMaker Pro 15 Preview on my macOS Sierra machine.  I noticed the macOS Sierra machine is not the final release, so I will update the machine tomorrow.

I also noticed that your graphic is inside a Container field; not on the layout like I tested.

Can you post the crash report up to and including the crashed thread?  This may help pinpoint the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Preview Crash Under macOS Sierra
                    ToddWiener

I just tried it on my home machine, also 10.12 and same copy of FileMaker. It does not crash.