7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2016 1:50 PM by TSGal

Random Crashes FMPA15

mistereric

Product and version: Advanced 15

OS and version: Mac OS X  10.11.6

Hardware: iMac 27" Retina

Description: Experiencing random crashing in 15 Advanced. Have removed and reinstalled the application, disabled all plugins, still no luck. Even recovered a copy of the file to check it for errors, none found.

How to replicate: Random crashes.

Workaround (if any): None Found.

What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
          mistereric

Another crash, while entering data into a field.  Crash was right after receiving a dialog about a conflict with another record with the same data in it that was defined to be unique.

• 2. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
            TSGal

mistereric:

Thank you for your posts and crash reports.

Both crash reports are similar and they appear to be related to rendering an object on the layout.  I assume both crashes occurred within the same layout.  True?

What objects do you have on the layout besides fields?  Portals?  Tab/Slide Controls?  Any grouped objects?

Since the crashes occurred randomly, did the crash occur after "x" amount of time?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
              mistereric

Yes, it does seem to be centered around a particular layout.  I always have at least two windows open but they are on different layouts on different tables.

The layout is a list view, with three sub summaries, and there is a popover button on the body. There is a small related container field, and a button that has a calculation to hide it. Also, there is a set of grouped objects.

The crash doesn't happen immediately but I would say within 20 mins of opening the file. (roughly enough time to get into the swing of work :-)

The layout in question was developed after popover buttons became an option, so, 14?

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
                TSGal

mistereric:

Thank you for the additional information.

Since the crash doesn't occur immediately, this makes it more difficult to determine what is the cause.  It may be best to send in a copy of your file so I can test it here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
                  TSGal

mistereric:

I received your file.  Thank you.

The credentials you provided do not appear to be working.  Can you verify the credentials and either send me the correct credentials via private messaging, or send another file with the correct credentials.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
                    TSGal

mistereric:

Having some issues with my machine, I restarted and the credentials now work.  My apologies.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Random Crashes FMPA15
                      TSGal

mistereric:

Off and on, I have used your file with FileMaker Pro Advanced 15.0.2 under Mac OS X 10.11.6 and macOS Sierra 10.12.  I am still unable to make it crash.  If you have discovered anything over the last two weeks, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.