8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2016 11:16 AM by user22573

FM iOS App SDK 15.0.2 and iOS 10 App Store issue

VetturaLogic

Good Afternoon All,

Here's an interesting issue that's popped up today.

I have an app already in the App Store, created using the FM iOS App SDK 15.0.1, that passed Apple's submission process and was released to the public App Store on 5th September 2016.

Today, I have made some minor UI tweaks and submitted an update to Apple, this time using the current iOS App SDK 15.0.2, and have just received a message from them, telling me the "Binary is Invalid", as follows:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Once these issues have been corrected, you can then redeliver the corrected binary.

UNQUOTE

As my app doesn't have any functionality for using the Camera or the native Photo app on users' devices, I presume this issue is being triggered by the FMGo 15 functionality that comes built-in with the iOS App SDK. Is there a way to override this behaviour?

I could, of course, add the required text into the info.plist but users will probably wonder why the app needs access to their device's camera when the app doesn't use photos, which will probably worry them!

Short of now adding some kind of camera function to my app, I wondered if anyone else has seen this before and found a work-around for it?

Cheers,

RB