2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2016 3:58 PM by philmodjunk

how would you add the @ sign to a filter function

gethappy@happypc.com

I'm trying to use the FILTER function on an email address field but it seems to be ignoring the @ (at sign).  is there a trick I'm missing?

When i try ...

Filter ( emailaddress ; "@.-_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234156789 " ) 

it strips the @ sign from the field ... which I don't want it to obviously.

I tried a backslash before the @ sign, didn't help.

• 1. Re: how would you add the @ sign to a filter function
          longball22

I'm not sure why it is not working for you. I just tried it myself using an Email address field and a Filter field with Email contained the email address and Filter being a calculation. After typing in an email address of "test@test.com", the Filter field shows "test@test.com".

Wish I could be of more help. Is there anything else influencing the emailaddress field? Unless the emailaddress field has multiple '@', it should be working.

• 2. Re: how would you add the @ sign to a filter function
            philmodjunk

I suggest taking one step back and taking a look at how you are using this function. Something in the implementation has led you to believe that it didn't work as expected.

Perhaps you have updated an auto-enter calculation and noticed no change in a record that already had data in it? Changes to an auto-enter calculation won't update existing data unless you take additional steps to force an update.

But that's just one example of what might lead a person to think that a calculation isn't evaluating as expected.