9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2016 8:30 AM by mw777rcc

Add platforms/Information

glenngrankvist

Hi

I am right now building up our CRM platform for our company, and are more then happy that i can form it after our companys needs.

Now i just like to add platforms

as Project, Invoicing and maybe even a calendar.

Please advice me how that can be done or if its any videos here or on Youtube.

Thanks

Mikael

• 1. Re: Add platforms/Information
          philmodjunk

I'm afraid that your request is so broad that there is little that anyone can offer besides links to basic tutorials on how to design FileMaker databases.

It appears that you want to add additional Modules (We wouldn't call them "platforms" here since that's a term we use to identify general OS categories such as Windows, Mac and iOS...)

This is as easy as adding more tables and layouts to your existing file. Or you can start from a separate file and build links that allow for seamless navigation between them.

So I recommend that you ask more specific questions here as a forum of this type is best suited for answering specfiics.

• 2. Re: Add platforms/Information
            Abingdon

Philmodjunk is right.  This forum is brilliant for solving specific problems you might encounter, I can pretty much guarantee someone somewhere will have an answer or approach you will find useful, so please use it when you can narrow down what you want to achieve in specific terms.

In the meantime, take a look at the templates that come as part of Filemaker.  I would not recommend using them straight off the bat but they will give you some ideas about what can be done.

First off though, I would recommend you sit down with a pencil and several sheets of paper and start to plan what you want to achieve and why.  That way you will begin to draw the map of where you want to be in x week's/month's time. Then look at tutorials/templates/youtube etc.

Secondly, just start playing with Filemaker and see what happens when you do x,y,z...

The beauty of Filemaker is that it really does open up opportunities  to create exactly what you need but you do need to have a reasonable idea of where you want to take it.   That means graft, experimentation and learning.  Do it and you'll never look back!

Welcome to the Club!

• 3. Re: Add platforms/Information
              Johan Hedman

Free FileMaker Training Series are a very good base for you to learn more about FileMaker

FileMaker Training Series | FileMaker

• 4. Re: Add platforms/Information
                glenngrankvist

Hi

Thanks

No fact is that i was using Bento and had made a data base that was working

with all information that i needed, but then they quit to do it, so it did

not gave me any other option then try to do a new in File maker pro, all

information that i need i already have

but if i have a Address book ( newly done ) but i would like to add pages

underneath so i can ad information to one client, as Project, picture,

emails

so one of my question is how can i add pages to a client ( where i can

develop a new page ?)

second how can i get fields that i can add Pictures, emails and doc ?

Thanks

Mikael

• 5. Re: Add platforms/Information
                  coherentkris

Sounds like you have to start at the beginning with the FileMaker training series.

If nothing else it will give you a framework for accurately interpreting the answers you will get from members of this forum.

• 6. Re: Add platforms/Information
                    philmodjunk

but if i have a Address book ( newly done ) but i would like to add pages

underneath so i can ad information to one client, as Project, picture,

emails

so one of my question is how can i add pages to a client ( where i can

develop a new page ?)

You definitely have a learning curve to climb as others have noted. Here are a few clues to get you looking in the right direction:

"Pages" as you use the term, do not exist in FileMaker. What you describe would be done by adding a table of related records so that you can add records for different projects etc. all linked to a specific Client or Clients.

second how can i get fields that i can add Pictures, emails and doc ?

Additional Fields, tables and the relationships used to link one table to another are all created by selecting Manage | Database from the File menu.

• 7. Re: Add platforms/Information
                      mw777rcc

I would recomend the free template from RCC called FMStartingPoint (fmstartingpoint.com).  It is completely unlocked and the video series by RCC revolves around it (learningfilemaker.com)  This is honestly not an "advertisment" as much as trying to help you.  The template has a lot of what you are looking for already built in and is made to be easy to modify.  RCC doesn't even break even financially on the video training series that is out there on learningfilemaker.com, it is done as a service to the community.  I think with those two resources you very well may be able to get done what you need.

• 8. Re: Add platforms/Information
                        glenngrankvist

HI

I did and its a big help.

only specific question i have or maybe i am stupid, why can i not add email in to the chart ?

or did i not find it ?

Thanks MIkale

• 9. Re: Add platforms/Information
                          mw777rcc

I do not understand the question, sorry.  There are email fields in FMSP and there are also also email modules that send form emails.  Can you give me more information about what you are seeking?