7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2016 5:37 PM by mattel

Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error

jasontallman

I am receiving the following error when attempting to create a Filemaker Cloud BYOL instance.

The specified instance type can only be used in a VPC. A subnet ID or network interface ID is required to carry out the request.

• 1. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
          steveromig

Jason Tallman wrote:

I am receiving the following error when attempting to create a Filemaker Cloud BYOL instance.

The specified instance type can only be used in a VPC. A subnet ID or network interface ID is required to carry out the request.

Your "VPC" comment triggered something worth looking into.

If you have an old AWS account (created before March 2013), your account may be using an older and incompatible VPC that needs to be updated by contacting AWS's support to work with FileMaker Cloud.  It is possible your account is having trouble launching a default VPC.

If your account is newer than that then something else is going on.  But it is worth investigating.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
            jasontallman

I created a new amazon account and now I can create the instance. Thank you for the heads up.

Jason

• 3. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
              steveromig

I created a new amazon account and now I can create the instance. Thank you for the heads up.

Jason

Good to hear.

It is my understanding that it is an easy call to Amazon / AWS support to get your account "modified."

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
                sfpx

I tried to create an instance twice.

Got this generic error both times

An error occurred during the creation of your FileMaker Cloud instance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Your cloud stack will be deleted from the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Formation Management Console.

You will not incur charges for your current AWS subscription to FileMaker Cloud. However, you will need to return to your AWS account, cancel the current subscription, and purchase FileMaker Cloud again.

Regards,

FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
                  mattel

I had to do the same thing.  My other amazon account i put in a "support" request to have the default vpc set again, and 5 days later they responded.  The need to use the "default vpc" instead of specifying a vpc is a failure on the part of filemaker to be flexible in launching the solution.  I put in the suggestion to allow users to select an existing vpc to launch it into, and I'd suggest others do as well. 

All filemaker has to do is change the cloud formation template to let you pick a vpc to launch it into. 

• 6. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
                    agisllc

Wow, this is proving to be a HUGE NUISANCE! I currently use AWS, have other servers there, and the ONLY way for tech support to create a "default VPC" for me is if my account is empty, because their changes will disable everything I have there!!

• 7. Re: Filemaker Cloud Stack Creation Error
                      mattel

That's right.  Plenty of other marketplace images allow you to launch into an existing VPC.  From what I saw it's not that hard to setup.