1 2 3 Previous Next 73 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 8:42 AM by TSGal

FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

milton.kirkwood@gmail.com

Hi All,

Since I updated to the current release of FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced, namely  Version 15.0.2.220, I am having an issue in the Script Workspace. I have a commercial application running which is hosted on a cloud server but the error appears whether I access the application on my desktop or on the cloud server. The only time it appears is when I am attempting to review or modify a script.

What happens is that when I scroll down the list of scripts, of which there are around 100, the list will disappear and then re-appear and sometimes an Internal Error message is displayed if I click into the script area to make a change. I can complete my changes by clicking on the Continue button on the error message.

I have attached copies of the missing script list and the Internal Error message. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Milton

• 1. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
          philmodjunk

This should be posted over in Report an Issue.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

Thanks - I have moved it over

• 3. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
              TSGal

milton.kirkwood:

Thank you for your post.

What version of Mac OS X is your computer running?

How much memory does your computer have?

What other applications are running when you get either the error or script listings disappear?

Do you have any plug-ins installed/enabled?  If so, what are they?

Any other information you can provide may help narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

Hi TSGal,

Thanks for your reply.

I am running MacOS Sierra Version 10.12 and my 27" iMac desktop machine

(Late 2013) has 32GB of memory.

There are no plugins installed/enabled and there were no other applications

running, apart from Mail.

It is interesting that the problem was only noticed after I had done the

FileMaker upgrade but I also did the upgrade to Sierra at around the same

time.

I am working on this application almost every day but not always in the

script workspace so I cannot say for sure which change may have caused the

issue.

I am happy to provide more information if that is of assistance.

Milton

• 5. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

I am having the exact same issue, both with lists of missing scripts in the script editor, and with internal error crashes.

• 6. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                    TSGal

milton.kirkwood:

Thank you for the additional information.

Although you have experienced this issue with a hosted file, have you encountered the issue running with a local file?

What version of FileMaker Server is running?  What operating system and version are running on the server?  I would like to emulate your environment closely to try and reproduce the issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                      TSGal

user28297:

What version of FileMaker Pro are you running?

What operating system and version are you running?

Does this issue occur with all files?  Or, just some files?

Are the files local or hosted?  If hosted, what version of FileMaker Server is running?  What operating system and version are running on the server?

What actions were you taking just before the crashing occurred?

Can you post the crash report up to and including the crashed thread?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

Hi TSGal,

The issue occurs whether I run the application on FileMaker Server or

locally.

The application is running on FileMaker Server 14 and has been running

there for a couple of years now. It is hosted by FMP Host. However, as I

say, it performs exactly the same on a local version of the application.

Thanks,

Milton

• 9. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                          TSGal

milton.kirkwood:

Since I am unable to replicate the issue locally, please send in a clone of your file so I can test it here.  I have a very similar computing environment.  I have sent you a private message with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

Does the problem occur when the script editor is in full screen, or maximum non-full screen window size, or touching the edges of the screen? That was one suspicion I had.

As a workaround for other users, until this gets fixed, I expanded all of my script folders, closed and reopened the script editor, which brings the names back into view, and have been able to access my scripts that way.

• 11. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                              TSGal

milton.kirkwood:

I received your file.  Thank you.

Unfortunately, after working with the file for most of the day, I am still unable to reproduce the issue, even with using your exact screen shot and directions.

Can you verify you are using the release of macOS Sierra 10.12 and not a beta version?  You will find this under About This Mac -> System Report -> Software -> System Software Overview

It should show the System Version as:     macOS 10.12 (16A323)

If you have any plug-ins, temporarily disable them and try again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue

Hi TSGal,

The OS version is correct and is set to macOS 10.12 (16A323).

I did have a REACTOR plugin which was enabled and registered in the Startup

Script. I no longer use this so I disabled the plugin and removed it from

the startup script. This has stopped me getting an exception error in my

Script Workspace but I still get the list disappearing when I scroll in the

Workspace. I guess I can live with this because, if I click in the right

hand panel (namely the script area) the list re-appears. My version of

FileMaker Pro Advanced is 15.0.2.220.

It is strange that you cannot reproduce the issue in which case it must be

an environment issue with my machine - however, another user seemed to be

having a similar problem. If you can think of anything else I would be glad

to hear about it.

Thanks,

Milton

• 13. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                                  TSGal

milton.kirkwood:

Working with your file today, I am able to replicate both the Script names disappearing and the uncaught exception error.  I have send all information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: FileMaker 15 Pro Advanced Update Issue
                                    robTelford

I am experiencing the same problems with a large in-house print production management solution I have been developing since 2009.

The scripts will often/usually re-appear if I click on one of them in the list, but I am also getting a lot of NSInternalInconsistencyException errors while editing scripts, with options to Crash or to Continue.

• FMPA 15.0.2.220
                                    • MacOS Sierra 10.12
                                    • MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
                                    • 16 GB RAM installed

The solution is hosted on FMPS 14 and I am accessing over Ethernet

1 2 3 Previous Next